- Deck/ patio (click here for more on this project.)
- Build sitting wall and outdoor fireplace
- Paint and re-screen the porch
- Finish painting trim on back of house
- Paint door to garage…it is still gray (and very ugly!)
- Put in a pool- (this is several years out)
- skylight in screened in porch
- remodel the kitchen…this is major! (yellow formica counters have to go along with the built-in cutting board that looks like a dental x-ray screen. We want to do this right, so we try to decide if a band-aid is sufficient, or if we should invest in a complete overhaul, including taking out walls, etc.)
- replace sliding door in basement walkout
- replace baseboards in basement and entire 2nd floor 2nd floor
- tile the Girls’ bathroom
- patch the drywall in Girls’ bath where I tore the wall out.
- paint Girls’ bathroom
- paint crown molding and casing around windows in living room
new light fixture in dining room (click here to see before and after pics)
- new light fixture in powder room
- new faucet in powder room
- replace drop ceiling and flourescent lights in basement guest room
- add beadboard/wainscoting to stairway and entry.
- Put attic stairway access in laundry room.
The little things:
- new door knobs on upstairs room — only only 6 more to go!
- new door hinges on upstairs rooms — only 4 more doors to go!
- replace old outlets and switches (we have ivory and want to switch to all white to go with all white switch plates we changed out when we moved in.)
- vent covers in floor